The Interfaith Committee brings together a group of Bet Torah congregants with members of other faith based organizations to share events, information and explore our faiths in a meaningful and respectful manner. It is our hope that through personal interactions and working together we will build bridges that will strengthen our community and create partnerships of understanding and resilience that will unite us. Born out of the Mount Kisco Interfaith Women’s Teas, Sandy Kellogg has forged this initiative. Over its first year, we have met in a group to discuss our religious practices, share ideas and events, and plan further initiatives Some of the events to date have included
- Invitation to join Shabbat services to our interfaith partners
- Celebrating the opening of the Northern Westchester Mosque in Pleasantville New York.
- Interfaith pre-Thanksgiving hands on day at the Mount Kisco Interfaith Food Pantry
- Attendance at AJC sponsored Interfaith Breakfast
- Reading Moving the Mountain: A New Vision of Islam in America by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
- AMWA Events- Understanding Ramadan
- AJC Interfaith Seder- People of Faith Celebrating Freedom
- Yearly Interfaith Women’s Tea at MKPC
- Discussions to further understanding of our religious practices and humanity activities of the group.
If you are interested in finding more out about ongoing activities and events please contact Sandy Kellogg: email@example.com.