On Purim it is a Mitzvah to send gifts (Shelach Manot) to family and friends. So in addition to listening to the Megillah, and giving tzedakah, please be sure to participate in this fun tradition and important fundraiser. It is easy to fulfill the mitzvah of Shelach Manot with the Sisterhood at Bet Torah!
This year, the festive gift bags are made of recycled paper and will be chock-full of delicious kosher goodies (including Nut-Free Hamentashen) as well as groggers, masks and toys for the tots.
Every Bet Torah family will receive a HappyPurim letter in your email.
- This letter will contain your personal code and log on instructions.
- It is easy and fast: Place your order when you receive the email. Hard copies of order forms will be made available in the main office.
- Simply go to bettorah.happypurim.com, enter your code and the first three letters of your last name and click on “Go.” Easy instructions will appear.
ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12th (deadline has been extended!)
- You will be supporting all the wonderful programs that Sisterhood provides our community.
- You will be fulfilling the mitzvah of sending Shalach Manot as set forth in the Book of Esther (you can never do too many Mitzvot!)
- It’s a great way to show your friends you care!
Through the HappyPurim web site you also have the opportunity to give Tzedakah (another mitzvah of Purim) to three worthy charities: the Mount Kisco Interfaith Food Pantry, Hope’s Door, and Mazon.
PLUS: We always need help packing and delivering these treat-filled bags. Please look out for the sign up lists to volunteer during the week or two before Purim.
Thank you and Happy Purim!
The Bet Torah Sisterhood Shelach Manot Committee - Maxine Benjamin, BeBe Isaacs, Terri MulQueeny-Stern and Evy Rosenthal