Purim Band - rehearsals start Wednesday, February 27, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Purim Prep Pizza Party - Wednesday, March 13, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Purim Prep Pizza Party - Monday, March 18, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Booth Sponsorship Form - due Monday, March 18
- Purim Evening - Wednesday, March 20, 6:00-9:00 p.m. (RSVP for dinner / Bring cash to donate!)
After Party at Exit 4 Food Hall - 9:00 p.m.
Carnival Day! - Sunday, March 24
- Teen and Parent Volunteers Start Set Up - 8:00 a.m.
- Purimspiel Free Family Show - 9:30 a.m.
- Carnival for Children and Families - 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Teen Volunteers Switch from Children's to Second Carnival - 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- Why Do We Host Our Carnival for WJCS Friends? A Conversation for Teens with Rabbi Brusso -1:00-1:30 p.m. (mandatory for teen volunteers)
- Carnival for WJCS Friends - 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Purimspiel Dinner Show - 5:00 p.m.
Carnival for Children and Families
Sunday, March 24, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
We need teens in 8th-12th grade to help run our carnivals AND to help us prepare at the prep events.
Teens in 7th grade are invited to volunteer as assistants at the first carnival. Our 7th graders can volunteer for one shift or both, depending on if they want to enjoy the carnival themselves.
All slots are first come, first served, so sign up ASAP. (If you would like to be working with a friend, make sure your friend also signs up!)
Community service credit will be awarded.
Sunday, March 24, 1:30-3:00 p.m. (mandatory ORIENTATION WITH rABBI bRUSSO STARTS AT 1:00 P.m.)
Adults with developmental disabilities from WJCS' Partners in Caring Havorah enjoy our free Purim celebration every year, part of Bet Torah’s commitment to building a better world.
We need teens in 8th-12th grade to sing and dance with our guests, act out the Purim play with Rabbi Brusso and Cantor Herman, and guide our guests in enjoying select carnival games. The Purim Band will also be playing. All teen volunteers must attend a MANDATORY conversation with Rabbi Brusso: Why Do We Host Our Carnival for WJCS Friends? at 1:00 p.m.
Parents, We Need Your Help!
Sponsor a Carnival Booth
To ensure the success of both carnivals, we need your help! Your sponsorship helps keep our Youth Program vibrant. Thank you!
Please return this form to Youth mailbox in the office by Monday, March 18, with your check to “BetTorahYouth.” Donations after March 18 will be acknowledged online, not on printed signs displayed at the carnivals.
We need adults to help set up in the morning before the carnival, help prepare the food, sell the food, sell tickets, and distribute prizes.
Loen Amer, Director of Youth Engagement
Robin Wald, Lead Teen Educator and Purim Carnivals Day-Of Coordinator