Madrichim aims to provide and support teens in 8th-12th grade in
- a meaningful opportunity to be outstanding Jewish role models and be of service to the Bet Torah community
- developing skills around creating a positive learning environment, assisting teachers and students, teaching Hebrew and/or Judaics, classroom management, and understanding child development and behavior
- connecting socially with their Bet Torah friends
- taking on increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
- being mentored by adult Jewish educators
- offering hands-on, resume-building volunteer job experience
Requirements to participate in the Madrichim program
- All students must complete and submit the Madrichim application by the stated deadline
- 8th/9th grade students must join and successfully complete Madrichim-in-Training (with at least 75% attendance) to be eligible to be a Madrich/a in 9th-12th grades
- All 9th-12th grade Madrichim are required to attend 4-5 Madrichim training workshops per year. Teens who do not attend consistently may be asked to leave the program.
- Madrichim must maintain excellent attendance and responsibly communicate all absences (due to sports or other conflicts) to the Madrichim Supervisor and their assigned teacher.