Come Join Our Paired Learning Study Program
Connect with a friend or family member, near or far, by engaging in an exciting course of Jewish learning that you and your study partner choose.
Kick-off Orientation: Thursday evening, March 19th @ 8pm
Group Sharing and Celebration: Thursday, May 28th (Erev Shavuot)
10 weeks of study over 11 weeks
How will each pair study? Any way you want: at home, in a coffee shop, at Bet Torah, or via Skype, Facetime or Google Hangout. If technology is a challenge, we will teach you how to meet face-to-face over the internet so you can study with your partner whether you are 5 miles or 5660 miles apart (NY to Tel Aviv: 5660 miles).
Topics – Each pair selects from one of the following 8 courses (more selections are available at www.projectzug.org)
- The Torah of Music – Joey Weisenberg
- Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel and the Roots of Activism – Rabbi Michael Marmur
- A Food Tour of the Talmud – Rabbi Aviva Richman
- Intro to the Jewish Bookshelf – Rabbi Avi Strausberg
- Theology of Psalms: Praying Biblical Poetry – Rabbi Shai Held
- Purpose, Conflict, and Resolution: Leonard Cohen’s Vision – Dr. Stephen Arnoff The Prayerbook:
- New Interpretive Methods – Rabbi Elie Kaunfer
- Mindfulness and Judaism – Rabbi James Jacobson-Maisels
Cost – pay $36 to $180 per person, depending on what you feel you are able to. (Make checks payable to Bet Torah, with “Paired Learning” in the memo.)