(updated August 23, 2021)
The first day of Kulanu is Sunday, September 19.
Based on recommendations from the Bet Torah Medical Advisory Group, we are planning for a Hybrid class schedule (remote and in-person) this Fall.
Our goal for Kulanu is to be fully in-person as soon as it is possible and to keep our community safe.
We are guided by these values:
- Learning together in person as the preferred way to build community and connection.
- Maintaining a safe environment based on up-to-date health recommendations.
- Continuing to provide quality Jewish education for our children.
- Incorporating what we learned over the past year and parent feedback to improve our program.
Highlights of Kulanu/ TLC Health Protocols
NEW: Effective September 1, 2021, it is Bet Torah policy that everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated, be vaccinated, including the 12 and up age group, in order to enter the building or participate in any Bet Torah programming indoors. (This also includes teachers, madrichim, parents and caregivers.)
Parents must complete this form for EACH child over 12 years old.
- Students will be socially distanced with designated seats 3 feet apart while indoors.
- Students, teachers and Madrichim will wear masks while indoors.
- Updated Daily Health Questions will continue to be required.
- There will be no eating together inside. Children arriving on buses may eat a snack outdoors with supervision.
- Books, materials and a Kulanu bag will be provided. Please pack a pencil case and water bottle.
- Dismissal details will be sent closer to the start of school.
- Parents/ Caretakers are not allowed in the building for arrival or dismissal. Parents will be allowed in the building during Kulanu for family programs.
- Adult programs/minyan will occur on Sunday morning in separate parts of the building.
- We will continue to monitor and evaluate current data and consult with the BT Medical Advisory Group to adjust our schedule or health protocols as indicated.
- For more please see our Updated Kulanu/ TLC Health Protocols
Fall Weekly Schedule
Each class schedule will be the same each week.
- Gan (K) and Aleph (1) will learn in person only.
- Bet (2) – Zayin (7) will learn in person at least once weekly.
- Remote classes will be extended to 1 hour; and the 15 minute small Hebrew groups will continue.
- Limited all-remote learning will be offered as needed only.