Do you want your child to explore Jewish learning in a new way? Do you want your child to build community with kids in other grades?
Be Part of J-Quest!
J-Quest aims to enhance learning opportunities with expanded student choice. Once a week, students in 4th-6th grade can choose from a selection of 40-minute learning electives in addition to the existing Hebrew and Jewish Studies classes. Each elective group will be comprised of mixture of students from different grades to help build our community while students explore shared interests.
What are the goals of J-Quest?
- To explore new models for Jewish learning
- To allow students from different grades to learn together and broaden their community
- To enhance enrollment
How will J-Quest impact the existing curriculum?
Hebrew and Jewish Studies classes will be reduced from 60 minute to 40 minute periods each allowing for three-40 minute periods.
What kinds of topics will be offered?
Elective choices will rotate every 2-3 months and students will choose from topics such as:
- People of the Book – Design, Write and Illustrate Your Own Book
- What do I say in Israel? – A Crash Course in Conversational Hebrew
- Mitzvah Mania – Learn about a mitzvah that helps others and then DO IT!
- The Jewish Artist in Me – Explore Jewish artists and incorporate their styles into your own work of art.
Who facilitates J-Quest?
Our creative teachers and occasional guest educators.
How can I learn more?
Contact Gina Fass, Director of Education – firstname.lastname@example.org