Frequently Asked Questions about Prayer Books for Congregants
What book does Bet Torah use for the High Holy Days?
- Mahzor Lev Shalem is used on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
How many Prayer Books can each family receive?
- We are offering each family the ability to borrow up to 2 books. You can reserve on the sign up genius.
How will I get my Prayer Book?
- You will drive to Bet Torah and masked, gloved volunteers with their family members will help deliver the books right into your trunk.
- Please stay in your car.
- For safety reasons, everyone in your car must be wearing a mask at all times.
When would we come to Bet Torah?
- September 1-3 and September 8-10.
- Between the times of 4-7pm.
Can I show up at any time on these dates?
- Please do not arrive at an unscheduled time. Use the sign up to pick your date and time.
- It is important that you pick up your book(s) on the date you schedule.
- This will allow us to distribute them in a drive by, safe fashion given the limitations of the current pandemic.
What if I don’t feel comfortable coming to Bet Torah? Or I want to buy my own book?
- We are offering a link to purchase high holiday prayer books for a discounted amount of $24.90 if purchased by August 20, 2020.
- If you are homebound, we have volunteers that would be happy to deliver your books to you.
Can I purchase prayer books instead?
Purchase a discounted hard copy (for $24.90 by August 20th) here https://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/product/mahzor-lev-shalem-rosh-hashanah-and-yom-kippur
Or purchase a digital copy to download for $5.99 here https://issuu.com/store/publishers/books-rabbinicalassembly/issues/digital_mahzor
How will I return the Book?
- We will be collecting the books the week of October 5th
- All books will be tracked so we can account for who gets which book.
- If your book is not returned by October 15th you will be responsible for the replacement cost of the book.