Communications Office Assistant
Bet Torah, a large, vibrant synagogue in Northern Westchester County is seeking a creative, energetic and motivated individual with experience in a full range of communications roles to help promote the synagogue’s mission and innovative programming.
The communications office assistant will collaborate with clergy, professional staff and lay leadership to coordinate and execute the digital and traditional communications activities for Bet Torah. This includes having primary responsibility for creating and disseminating communications to the board, the congregation, the staff and the various synagogue committees.
- Work collaboratively with the professional staff team and lay leadership to manage Bet Torah’s external and internal messaging
- Create and send out emails, newsletters, publications and other communications to all synagogue audiences.
- Create media and material for external and internal marketing and public relations, leveraging all channels of communication.
- Manage the logistics associated with mass mailings of material from the synagogue to its membership.
- Provide program and event support, coordination and follow up for activities and programs.
- Act as initial point person for IT-related issues, questions, trouble-shooting and support. May coordinate with external IT support.
- Provides other administrative support, as needed, including copying/printing, answering telephones, general office support and administrative/clerical assistance.
- Produce the weekly email and other communications for the congregation
- Maintain/update information on the web site, including the calendar, activities, organizational and personnel information, etc.
- Provide design, advertising and logistical support to assure the timely mailing of the monthly Message
- Coordinate material for the hallway video monitors
- Coordinate publicity of Bet Torah events on third-party web sites and periodicals
- Manage social media resources
- Review congregation email data and maintain email group lists for the board and associated committees
- Be point person for IT technical support to our personnel, and act as interface with our IT service provider
- Provide administrative support for fundraising efforts
- Run analytics reports on our emails including open and click-through rates
- Provide back-up support to administrative staff, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Website management tools
- Social Media
- Basic graphic design capabilities a plus
Please contact Michele Heller, Executive Director