Our Midnight Run is one of the most popular TLC events of the year.
For the past few years, we’ve had to open a waiting list, which has caused lots of stress to teens and parents. Personal interaction is the hallmark of Midnight Run; to keep the quality of the program, we cannot bring more than 25 teens.
To allow the most teens to participate over the course of their time in TLC, we will be allowing upperclassmen to sign up for the Run first.
SIGNUP PROCEDURE FOR MIDNIGHT RUN 2019:
- All teens who attend must…
- …attend one of two orientations, either Monday, October 28, 6:00-7:00 or Tuesday, October 29, 7:45-8:45. (Specify in the signup which orientation you plan to attend.)
- …be registered for TLC since August 2019.
- ….be Bet Torah congregants.
- Sign up for older teens will open first.
- 11th and 12th graders, ONLY, can click here to sign up for the Run starting Tuesday, October 22 at 8:30 p.m.
- 10th graders can sign up starting Tuesday, October 29 at 8:30 p.m., if there are any remaining spots.
- 9th graders who will be aged 14+ on November 10 can sign up starting Sunday, November 3 at noon, if there are any remaining spots.
- If you sign up earlier than your allotted time, your sign up will be deleted. You will not be able to sign up again until after November 3, if there are any remaining spots.
- Spots on the waiting list will be first come, first served.
- If you sign up and then find out you cannot attend, email email@example.com ASAP so someone else can take your spot.
Our new procedure is meant to ensure the most teens can attend over the course of their high school years at Bet Torah. We are also looking into having a spring “Breakfast” Run.
Teens in 6th grade and up can sign up to volunteer to make sandwiches and bag supplies, helping us prepare for the Run before the older teens go into the city.
We put together this new process with lots of thought and consideration for the needs of our community. We know younger teens may be disappointed this year but hope they look forward to participating in the future.