Update as of March 12!
Hopefully, you got this email from Carol Siege this morning. As of this morning, March 12, we have no known congregants or staff who have been tested for the COVID-19 virus. But out of an abundance of caution, WE ARE POSTPONING ALL EVENTS THAT HAD BEEN PLANNED FOR SUNDAY, including both Purim Carnivals.
Loen is happy to chat if you have any questions. Loen’s cell is (516) 524-2885.
We are so grateful to all our teens for all their hard work on Purim and all our other events all year.
Join us Sunday, March 15, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for our annual Purim Carnival!
Bet Torah families and children in Pre-K-6th grade are oFISHally invited to join us under the sea! ????
Your child is sure to make a SPLASH at our annual Purim Carnival featuring fun and games, yummy food, and fabulous prizes. SEAS the day and feel BEACHy keen as happy as a CLAM!
Bring your SAND dollars to support this Youth Department fundraiser featuring fun and games, yummy food for sale, and fabulous prizes.
Activities for ages 2 and up! Babies welcome.
We continue to add new and improved games to appeal to older children in 5th and 6th grade. Teens in 7th grade and up can volunteer.
Costumes invited from adults and children!
Support our carnivals:
- Community Projects
- Preparations for Teen Volunteers
- Purim Band rehearsals start Monday, February 3
- Purim Prep Pizza Party – Monday, March 2, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Purim Prep Pizza Party – Wednesday, March 11, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Purim Evening – Monday, March 9, 6:00-9:00 p.m. (RSVP for dinner / Bring cash to donate!)
- Adult After Party – 9:00 p.m.
- Booth Sponsorship due Purim Day, Tuesday, March 10 at noon
CARNIVAL DAY! – SUNDAY, MARCH 15
- Teen and Adult Volunteers Start Set Up – 9:00 a.m.
- Purimspiel Free Family Show: Now Featuring NEW fun variety show format! – 9:45 a.m.
- Carnival for Children and Families – 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Teen Volunteers Switch from Children’s to Second Carnival – 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- Orientation to WJCS Carnival with Rabbi Brusso -1:00-1:30 p.m. (mandatory for teen volunteers)
- Carnival for WJCS Friends – 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Purimspiel Dinner Show – 4:45 p.m.
CARNIVAL FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 11:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
We need teens in 8th-12th grade to help run our carnivals AND to help us prepare at the prep events.
Teens in 7th grade are invited to volunteer as assistants at the first carnival. Our 7th graders can volunteer for one shift or both, depending on if they want to enjoy the carnival themselves. Teens currently in 7th grade can only attend our second Carnival for WJCS Friends as members of the Purim Band.
All slots are first come, first served, so sign up ASAP. (If you would like to be working with a friend, make sure your friend also signs up!)
Community service credit will be awarded.
PARENTS, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Sponsor a Carnival Booth
To ensure the success of both carnivals, we need your help! Your sponsorship helps keep our Youth Program vibrant. Thank you!
Please complete this form AND send your check to the Youth mailbox in the office by Tuesday, March 10 at noon. Donations after March 10 will be acknowledged online, not on printed signs displayed at the carnivals.
We need adults to help set up in the morning before the carnival, help prepare the food, sell the food, sell tickets, and distribute prizes.
Loen Amer, Director of Youth Engagement