LGBTQ & Ally Teen Shabbaton Retreats
Join our one of a kind Shabbat retreats for LGBTQ and ally Jewish teens to learn, grow, and celebrate who you are in a warm and vibrant community. Being a teenager is hard. For queer Jewish teens, the social pressures to fit in or the anxieties of standing out may feel even harder — especially in a world where homophobia, transphobia, and anti-Semitism are on the rise. At Keshet’s Shabbat retreats, LGBTQ and ally Jewish teens are able to exhale; to find their place and their voice as emerging Jewish leaders. Together, they build meaningful friendships, engage in deep Jewish learning, and return home to build a world we can all be proud of.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE KESHET EAST COAST SHABBATON, FEB. 28-MAR. 1, 2020, IN PENNSYLVANIA.
MOSAIC OF WESTCHESTER
Mosaic of Westchester is a committee of the Westchester Jewish Council.
2019-2020 PROGRAMS FOR JEWISH LGBTQ+ TEENS & ALLIES IN 8TH-12TH GRADE:
Join us for discussions and activities that celebrate LGBTQ+ and Jewish identities! LGBTQ+ attendees can be at any stage of their coming out journey.
- October 27 from 4-6pm at Purchase SUNY College (Red Room in Student Services Bldg on Lincoln Ave in Purchase), led by Hillels of Westchester students
- December 15 from 4-6pm Chanukah party at Bet Am Shalom in White Plains
- March 22 from 3-5pm Mosaic Pride Passover: Rethinking the Seder Plate—community event for all ages at Scarsdale Synagogue, teens can help lead activities
- June NYC Pride March
Additional dates may be added.
These programs are organized by members of the Mosaic Advisory Council:
- Abby Reiken, Education Director at Bet Am Shalom Synagogue
- Jill Schreibman, Licensed Clinical Social Worker with experience serving LGBTQ adolescents and Program Coordinator at Westchester Jewish Community Services
For more information and to RSVP, contact: Abby Reiken (914) 946-8851