Every Purim, Bet Torah Sisterhood offers all members of our community the opportunity to participate in the mitzvah of sending gifts (Shalach Manot). This year more than ever, we have to take every opportunity to celebrate our community, and our resilience.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS WONDERFUL COMMUNITY PROGRAM!
In addition to sending your good wishes to friends, staff and relatives, you will have the opportunity to support charity, which is another mitzvah associated with holiday of Purim. This year Sisterhood is sponsoring two charities that advocate and address the needs of children with developmental challenges and disabilities.
- One is in Israel, Keren Or (www.keren-or.org) an organization working with children who are vision impaired and have multiple disabilities- provides therapy.
- The other charity is closer to home in Westchester, Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) at WIHD (www.wihd.org) which advocates for children who have experienced maltreatment.
If you have questions about what Shalach Manot is, how it works or how you can help by volunteering for assembly of bags in a Covid-safe environment and distribution of bags by drive by and by drop off, please contact:
- Jill Ratner: email@example.com
- Shirley Goldman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johanna Shapiro : email@example.com
- Penny Bednowitz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michele Heller: email@example.com