Caring Committee – Give Help/Get Help
The Caring Committee serves as a support to and by Bet Torah members who are ill, isolated or in need. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of support or would like to help support our congregants.
Please stay in touch with us regarding your personal health concerns. If you self-quarantine or are directed to do so by health officials, it is extremely important that you contact Seth at email@example.com, Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rabbi Brusso at email@example.com as soon as possible. We wish everyone health and ease during this trying time. We hope our efforts to stay connected offer solace and support.
Bet Torah families have hired Chef Rene Leon to make Shabbat meals for congregants who are isolated, especially vulnerable to COVID 19 and physician families who are giving so much during the pandemic. We are looking for sponsors and volunteers to make deliveries. Click here to see how you can help.
For more information please contact Michele Posner at firstname.lastname@example.org
The needs are greater than ever among our immigrant neighbors. Click here to find out how you can help.
For more information, please contact Elaine Gloth Merker at email@example.com.
Journaling @ Bet Torah
- Bet Torah is introducing a new initiative to provide everyone – adults, college students, teens and kids – with a fresh creative outlet, as well as to develop a kind of record of our community’s experience during this challenging moment in time. Every week or two, a prompt will be offered for your reflection and written response. Your work can be of any length and style…prose, song lyrics, maybe a haiku? There are no rules here! You can choose to journal only for yourself or share it with the larger community. If the latter, we would just like your permission to edit and post to our social media/web site for the community to enjoy.
- Please email your entries to Rabbi Sacks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ok, to kick things off, here’s the first prompt:
- May 27, 2020: Write a letter to your younger self. What do you know now that you wish you had known at an earlier point in your life, with ’earlier’ being thirty years ago or last month. Do you have advice, wisdom, knowledge for younger you at a specific moment in your life or just in general? If you choose, think about how this experience of the pandemic has changed or influenced your perspective on the past.
Sisterhood – Virtual
- Sisterhood programming is continuing remotely. From Book Clubs, Mitzvah Needles, and Torah Study, to one-time events such as our Virtual Painting Party and our Virtual Annual Membership Event and Boutique, Sisterhood continues to support our community. Join us today!
Emails from Rabbi Aaron Brusso
- Prayer Vigil in Mount Kisco this Monday Night-6/26/2020
- Talking to Our Kids about Racism– 6/19/2020
- And Another One! 6/19/2020
- Parent Meeting for families with B’nei Mitzvah Dates-6/9/2020
- George Floyd– 6/4/2020
- Holiness in the Wilderness-5/27/2020
- Another Strange Email– 5/15/2020
- Helping the Hungry, Dr. Sheila Adler and Spring Celebration-5/11/2020
- College Discussion– 5/10/2020
- Thoughts on Life and Livelihood-5/4/2020
- College Discussion program with Rabbi Brusso– 5/1/2020
- Celebrate Israel with Shari Robins, film, food and Rabbi Joseph Telushkin! 4/27/2020
- Thoughts on “Time” and Celebrating Israel Independence – 4/21/2020
- Passover Sermon, Yizkor and Yom Hashoah 4/13/2020
- Passover Resources, Jewish Film and Perspective From Natan Sharansky – 4/6/2020
- Thinking About Our Medical Professionals 4/3/2020
- Sign Up for Seder, Seder Meals and Join Us Online this Week – 3//30/2020
- Let Us Help You Prepare for Passover 3/27/2020
- How is this year different from all other years? 3/24/2020
- Hang Out With Us Today 3/19/2020
- How We Gather 3/13/2020
Emails from Board of Directors
- Incoming President’s Email-6/24/2020
- Bet Torah Social Justice– 6/18/2020
- Cantor Farewell-6/5/2020
- Bet Torah Financial Commitment Statement 6/4/2020
- Membership Meeting 5/28/2020
- Welcome Cantor Ezring 5/22/2020
- Bet Torah Remains Closed 5/21/2020
- Bet Torah Awards 5/13/2020
- Amended Membership Meeting Information-5/8/2020
- Bet Torah Budget Plans-5/7/2020
- Membership Meeting Information-5/1/2020
- Bet Torah Nursery School-4/22/2020
- Interim Cantor Search – 4/14/2020
- Zoom Security – 4/7/2020
- Coronavirus Update – 4/1/2020
- Coronavirus Update – 3/23/2020
- Cantor News 3/18/2020
- Coronavirus Update 3/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update – 3/9/2020
- Coronavirus Update – 3/6/2020
- Coronavirus Update – 3/4/2020
Into Shabbat Emails
In Our Community
- Sammy’s Kosher Market is offering both in-store shopping limited to five people at a time, and curbside service with a pre-order.