Procedures and Overview
What is the Bet Torah Library?
- 4000+ books covering all aspects of Judaism, Jewish history, practice, literature, and culture.
- Always accessible
- Easy to use
- The collection is constantly refreshed based on the needs and requests of the congregation
- Special focus on children’s books
How is the library organized?
- Books are categorized/shelved by subject matter:
- young adult
- Categories are also broken down into sub categories for more relevant access
- Online catalog can be searched by title, author, or subject category/sub category
How do I use the Bet Torah LIbrary?
- To take out a book:
- Fill out the card in the pocket at the back of the book (name, date, phone number)
- Place the card in the box on the wall next to the card catalog
- To return a book:
- Place the book in the basket on the wall next to the card catalog
Pocket at the back of the book (name, date, phone number) • Place the card in the box on the wall next to the card catalog • To return a book: • Place the book in the basket on the wall next to the card catalog
Learn How To Access Bet Torah’s Advanced Digital Resources
Bet Torah has the most advanced digital library and research resources of any synagogue, anywhere. We have recently completed the implementation of internet based capabilities that allow members of our community access to a huge library of Jewish sources. This includes not only our own library of more than 4,000 books, but also the huge capabilities of the Judaic Digital Library (JDL).
JDL contains books covering all aspects of Jewish history, philosophy and literature. It also houses a large number of children’s books. With JDL access, you will be able to read any of this vast collection of books online from any internet-connected device.
Whether you are researching a Jewish topic, want to read one of the classics of Jewish literature, writing a D’var, or just want to spend some leisure time browsing through our digital library, this new capability provides a unique resource for the Bet Torah community.
To sign up, please email Jerry Fensterstock at: firstname.lastname@example.org